8/13/2014

Denver Catholic Biblical School

In the spring of 2009 I heard Matthew Kelly speak when he came to Denver.  He convinced me to go to Biblical School.  Well, not explicitly, but he asked us to imagine a future conversation that might sound something like this:

God:  So how was your life?
You:  Oh it was really amazing, God.  Did a lot of great things.
God:  Read any good books?
You:  Oh yes, lots of good books.
God:  Did you read my book?
You:  Yeah, well, um, I read bits and pieces, you know, heard most of it while at Mass, but...
God:  But you didn't sit down and read the whole thing?
[Awkward silence.]
God:  In 76 years you didn't have a chance to read the whole thing?

...I enrolled in the Denver Catholic Biblical School the following Fall!  I didn't want to just read the whole thing, I wanted to study it, and this gave me the structure to do it in 4 years - all 73 books.

I graduated in May of 2013, and after 25 years of schooling, I can honestly say that this was the best four years of instruction I've ever received.  The DCBS provided an authentic education.  Educare, from the Latin, means to draw out; that is, to draw out of a student his natural desire for wisdom and virtue.

Check out the Biblical School's new promotional video, which I'm honored to be a part of.  (My 15 seconds of fame start at the 4:00 minute mark.)

No comments:

Post a Comment